If you’re buying a property, your first step should be to appoint a professional surveyor. You’ll want to be sure that the property you’re buying is in a good condition and that you won’t be subject to any unexpected substantial repairs or costs. A property survey should give you the peace of mind you need and an idea of any major repairs or alterations that you might want to carry out. A Level 1 Survey is a Home Condition Report and, due to its simple ‘overview’ format, is typically the lowest priced survey that can be carried out for a property purchase. It’s not to be confused with a mortgage valuation, which is normally commissioned by a mortgage lender. Read more about what a Home Condition Report entails and then contact us to book a Level 1 Survey for your new home purchase.

A Home Condition Report survey to give buyers peace of mind

Property surveys are optional, but we would always recommend a purchaser instructs a professional, independent survey by an experienced surveyor to highlight any significant defects and to give a clear understanding of repair and maintenance works that may be required.

What type of property is a condition report (Level 1 Survey) for?

A Level 1 Survey, the RICS Home Condition Report is a basic survey that’s aimed at conventional properties and newer homes. 

What does a home condition report include?

The RICS Level 1 survey is the most basic survey and provides a simple overview of the property’s condition.

It provides a summary of the property’s defects and the possible risks involved.

It doesn’t include a valuation or details on the repair work required.

How to read a RICS condition report (Level 1 Survey)?

Less detailed than a Level 2 (Homebuyer’s) Survey or a Level 3 (Building) Survey, your report will include ‘traffic light’ condition ratings for each of the key elements of the property, garage and outbuildings, clearly indicating those that appear normal, those that give cause for concern and those which will require urgent repair or alteration. 

Your report won’t give a guide as to the perceived value of your property.

Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors is the expert in residential home surveys – if you’d like to find out more about a Home Condition Report, please contact us and we’ll talk you through it.

  • A Home Condition Report will describe the condition of a residential property
  • Simple ‘traffic light’ ratings to identify the property condition and key elements 
  • The lowest price residential property survey
  • Aimed at conventional properties and newer homes
Development Monitoring - Trinity Rose









Do I have to have a Home Condition Report?

It is not a legal requirement to have a survey, but we would always advice a prospective purchaser to instruct a professional chartered surveyor to carry out at least an RICS Level 1 Survey to give you peace of mind that your property is in a good condition before you buy. You can read more about Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors’ Home Condition Reports here.

What’s the difference between a Home Condition Report and a HomeBuyer Report?

A HomeBuyer report will cost a little more than a Home Condition Report, but will also include more comprehensive information on the building and location, legal considerations as well as issues that might affect its value. A HomeBuyer Report (survey and valuation) will also give you a market valuation and insurance rebuild cost assessment. Read more about Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors’ HomeBuyer Reports here.

What will a Building Survey tell me about my Grade II listed property?

If you’re the owner of a listed property or a planning to purchase a listed building, Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors uses experience in building pathology, construction techniques and materials, architectural history and conservation to give you a full picture of your property. Read more about Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors’ Building Surveys here.

What’s the difference between a Limited Defects Report and a home survey?

A Limited Defects Report refers to specific concerns that a homeowner or prospective purchaser may have about the building. For example, if you’re worried about excessive cracks in walls or an uneven roof, Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors can give you a focused diagnosis on how serious or costly the defect may be to resolve. Read more about Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors’ Limited Defect Reports here.

I’m about to buy a new-build property, but there are so many problems – how I do deal with them?

If you’re buying a new-build home, there are often snags, or defects, that will need to be put right by the developer. A New-Build Snagging Inspection will give you a detailed report that you can give your developer to get all snags fixed before you move in if you commission the inspection early. Read more about Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors’ New-Build Snagging Inspections here.

Can you value my Shared Ownership property so I can purchase more shares?

If you’ve bought a property using a Shared Ownership scheme, Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors can provide you with a valuation so you’ll know how much your property is worth and how much it will cost to purchase extra shares through staircasing. Read more about Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors’ valuation services here.

Trinity House, 123 Winchester Road, Chandlers Ford, Hampshire SO53 2DR

t: 01962 880426

Top Floor, Trinity House, 123 Winchester Road, Chandlers Ford, Hampshire SO53 2DR

t: 01962 888900

Trinity House, 123 Winchester Road, Chandlers Ford, Hampshire SO53 2DR

t: 01962 880426